Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Losing My Boss


My boss, Vice President Garth Hall, has been called as a mission president. I have know since November, but now it is official. On Firday, January 15, their announcement was in the online Church News. He had to scramble because he had not told anyone in the office. In fact, Sharon had not told her family. Anyhow, the cat was out of the bag and everyone in the world knew now. On January 25, they received notice that they would need a passport and they begin the process. Well, Sharon call SLC and asked about it and the person on the phone with her told her that their name was on the list needing a passport. Today, January 27, they were told that their mission call had been FedEx'd overnight to them. So they are expecite to know where they are going tomorrow sometime. Our council is having dinner at their home on Saturday evening and I am sure we will find out then, if not earlier.

This is a bit of a scary time. I have no idea who will be taking his place. There is speculation that it will be Henry Eying. I really hope that will not be the case but we'll see. I don't think he will leave until end of May, early June. I think it will depend on where he is going as to when he will retire. Until then, we'll pause and hope the call will be good for him and Sharon.

No comments:

Post a Comment