Thursday, August 20, 2015

We had a meeting with Blue Hawk.  He is still struggling.  However,  our meeting this time took place in a member's home.  We were told that the place he had been staying was kind of a scary place so a member took him in.  I have been thinking lately and asking myself if I would be able to do the same thing.  Would I be able to open my home up to a stranger and give him the nurturing and care that he needs to turn his life around?  I have really done some thinking on this and ask that you ask yourself the same thing.  Would you be able to take the stranger in?

We also got to attend our first zone conference.  We were told that other than couples serving in the mission office, we are the only other senior couple.  It was a bit of a surprise because I thought that every mission had senior couples.  We loved being with the elders and sisters and being taught by them along with our mission president.

We have had some good visits this past week.  We spend a lot of time with part member families and deployed families.  We met a family that the father is gone and won't be back till November.  They have four children ages 12 through 11 months.  She had such a fun personality but we could tell that  there are really stressful times.  She gets the kids back and forth from school, scouts, piano lessons, and after school activities.  Again, I have learned a great lesson and I count my blessings every day.  I hope that each of you will stop for a minute and express your thankfulness for those who are serving our country.  When Craig served his remote (deployment), he served it in Greenland.  There was no war for me to worry about.  Other than freezing to death, I knew he was safe.  The families now days don't know about how safe their family member is and in some cases, don't know where the family member is for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment