Monday, May 16, 2016

Journal Joys-May 14, 2016

I LOVE the examples we have in Ammon, Aaron, Omner, Himni, and their brethren. Besides the fact that they were probably the best missionaries ever, their patience amidst their afflictions, their humility, and especially their love of God and their fellow men led them to reap a great harvest as they testified with all their hearts of the redemptive power of the Atonement of the Savior Jesus Christ. They left the land of Zarahemla with the desire and hope that their labor among the Lamanites would lead to the salvation of a few souls, but they were the means of bringing thousands unto salvation. Verse 12 particularly sticks out to me, in which Ammon says, "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God,for in his strength I can do all things..." As missionaries, this should be on our lips in every prayer we say because we can do nothing unless we have the strength of the Lord with us! We are instruments in His hand, and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to learn this these past 17 (almost 18, yikes!) months. More than anything, I have come to know that when we rely solely upon the strength of the Lord, we truly can do all things. We can climb every mountain, forge every sea, shoulder any trial, and (yes, I do have the Sound of Music running through my head) be patient in the midst of any affliction because the Lord is EVERYTHING to us and He has GIVEN EVERYTHING for us.  Sister Moore's favorite scripture is 2 Nephi 22:2 which says, "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song, he also has become my salvation." When we trust in the Lord we need not fear because we have faith, "an assurance of things hoped for and not seen..."(Hebrews 11:1).  That faith can make future blessings a reality as you "press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father, ye shall have eternal life." That joy can become real to us now, through our faith, just as the Nephites faith in Christ made His atonement a reality to them before He came to earth.
I love you all, I hope you are all doing well, and I can't wait to be with you again! Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment