Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spring is Kind of Here

We had a great weekend, if you can call working and getting things done great. We got up and walked out four miles, came home for breakfast and began working in the yard. It was an absolutely beautiful day. I cleaned out flower beds, raked up leftover leaves and mowed. Craig cleaned out gutters, trimmed the plum tree and started the edging. About 2:00, we were both tired and quit for the day. Craig left to go get us a Sonic Route 44 Diet Cranberry Limeade. About 3:30, I decided to shower because I was so dusty from mowing and moving things around the yard. It really revitalized me and I felt good. That’s when I knew I had to clean the house a little, especially the toilets. It was one of those days that you feel like you accomplished a lot and feel good about what you accomplished.
The Nordfelt reunion has been moved to Moab—at Bonnie and Larry’s cabin. Mindi got reservations for her family and for us at the Red Cliff Inn. We will stay two nights there. It will be a good getaway. The only problem is the long drive there. By the time I drive that far, my hip is wasted and I am in total pain. Oh well!!!
Brady has started applying for jobs. He has decided that he does not want to teach. I just wish he had decided not to teach before he did his masters. He is reaching out everywhere. There seems to be a lot of places to apply but his master’s degree does not fit the jobs. He and Erika feel confident that something will come along. I have to believe in them. I always have and I won’t stop now. I can’t wait to go see them for his graduation. We got Denver Rockies baseball tickets for Saturday after his graduation. We will all go (Ostergaard’s included) so it will be a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment