Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mini-Vacation to Colorado














































I have found that I am not very good at creating a regular post. So I will try to catch up. In May we traveled to Fort Collins, Colorado for Erika's master's graduation. I want to just say how very proud we are of Erika and Brady. They have worked hard so both of them could go to school. Erika, we love you and are very proud of you. We picked up Brady, Erika and Crew and drove to Alamossa, Colorado for the big walk. We had an absolutely wonderful time with them. Crew, Erika and I rode in the back of our car. Crew is a great traveller. Our little mini vacation included stopping in Colorado Springs for a couple of days on our way back. We went to Cheyene Mountain Zoo for a day, ate dinner at an authentic German restaurant, visited Garden of the Gods, toured the Wind Caves and played Hearts in the evening. We attended church in our old Academy ward but the difference is that it does not include the Air Force Academy and it isn't in the same building. So, needless to say, it has changed. We went to the Air Foce Academy to show Erika where Brady was born. We walked through Arnold Hall and the chapel. When we arrived home in Ft. Collins, we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. It was my birthday so I got to choose. The restaurant was great. They had a guy who did balloon figures so we got one for Crew. Of course, we got Melman (sp) the giraffe for him. It was so fun to be with them all. Mother's Day and my birthday were kind of special because of our trip. I love being with family on holidays. We will make another trip to Colorado when Erika has Kennedy Taylor in August. Then next year we will travel to Colorado for Brady's graduation. I am hoping all the kids will be able to go and we can all be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment