Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sisters Time Together







On Friday, June 12, all of my sisters were together to share time together. My sister Diane was here from Oregon and Joeleen from Salt Lake City. We gathered together that morning at my home to make doughnuts. We did this in memory of mom. Every summer for years, my mom would make doughnuts during the summer when her brother Earl and his family came from California. We all remember doughnuts scattered all around the house. It was a great time and great memories. I found the recipe in mom's recipe box. We weren't even sure it would work or not but we gave it a try. About 8 dozen doughnuts later, we decided there were a few tweaks to make in the recipe but it did work. We all took turns rolling out dough, cutting, and frying. We dipped some in sugar, and iced the others. We had such a fun day together. Craig came home about 3:00 in the afternoon and we barbequed teriaki chicken, potatoes, and everyone brought salads. We sat around and visited and really enjoyed the day together. Joeleen and Gene had to leave around 5:00 for Utah.

On Saturday, Craig and I drove to Val's home. The men went golfing and the ladies went to the "Titanic" exhibit. Linda had to serve in the temple that afternoon so she didn't go with us. We all had a good time. The museum gave everyone a name to take through the exhibit and then find out at the end whether they lived or died. Sylvia's person was a first class passenger and did not survive. Val, Sylvia and my person were third class and none of them survived either. We went back to Val's home and met up with the guys later that afternoon. We then went to dinner at Olive Garden and to Mary and Bruce's 60th wedding anniversary celebration. We had a great time together.

On Sunday, Diane and Howard went to church with Linda. We all met at Val's for a barbeque. We visited for awhile and then the sisters played Apples to Apples. It was a wonderful three days. I didn't get a weekend and nothing got done around the house but it was worth it. Diane and Howard left on Monday morning. I am so grateful that I was able to have them all at my home on Friday. And I am very thankful that I have my sisters. I am richly blessed by my heritage.

This morning, Tuesday June 16, Val called me to tell me she had to go to the emergency room last night. She has not felt well for awhile and on Monday she really didn't feel good. They did a CAT scan on her stomach because she keeps having pains. They found a mass on her liver. She will have a liver biopsy either Tuesday or Wednesday. She feels like they won't find anything but asked that we all pray for her. As we visited, I told her that Joeleen had beat the odds and so would she. I am worried about her and have a prayer in my heart. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment