Friday, April 10, 2009

Thanks for a great 28!!!!! Years

Today is my baby's birthday. Brady is 28 today. I never feel too old except when my children get older. Having Brady turn 28 makes me feel very old. I am so grateful for Brady. He is and was such a good kid to have around. He never seemed to mind being with dad and I. He would invite us to see him perform at assemblies and such. We always enjoyed having him and his friends at the house. I loved listening to him play the guitar and hanging out with all of us. He brings such a peaceful, calm presence wherever he is I am proud of his accomplishments thus far. First he started by choosing an amazing young lady, Erika. They are such a perfect match. Then came Crew and he just fits the family so well. Soon there will be Kennedy or Kendy for short. What an exciting time in their life. They have worked hard together to achieve their goals and we are very happy and proud of them. In May we will travel to Colorado for Erika's graduation and to play with my grandson. What a joy that will be. Brady, Erika and Crew-- we love you and wish you were closer to play with us, to have Crew play with his cousins, to let us babysit for you and to share in your good times. Happy Birthday!!

Next, let me say, that I wish I was closer to all my grandchildren and my kids. I wish I could take Reese to the park and let her swing. When I look at the pictures on Mindi's blog, I realize how sweet and cheerful Reese is. She is at such a fun age and I am missing out on it. But then, I remind myself, that I missed out on Jen's kids too.

I wish I could see more of Riley and Mycol's games. Jen called the other night to let us know of an amazing Futsol goal Riley had made. I text Riley to congratulate her and she text me right back. Sure wish I could have been there. Logan is growing up and I try hard not to embarrass him too much when we're around him. I must admit that I really do have wonderful and beautiful/handsome grandchildren. They must get that from their parents. And yes, they must get it from their parents (that would be dad and me). I am truly lucky and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment