Monday, May 5, 2014

First Official Day

Today was our first day working in the Palmyra temple.  We had to be there dressed and ready to go by 8:00 am.  I served in the office and Craig served as ordinance worker.  It was kind of a stressful day for me.  I messed up several things but I made it through the day.  I am thankful they have an opening and a closing checklist.  I had several questions that were kind of strange and a learning experience for me.  My concern is that I scheduled everything they way it should be.  I served in the office with Elder Charles Morris.  I kept thinking that I wish it was Craig.  He would help me and know my limitations. 

Tonight was FHE. We have them every Monday.  We are going to study Church History, mainly that which took place in this area.  We were taught the heritage of Joseph and Emma.  We began back in their family’s and worked forward.  It was very interesting and was taught by Pres. Broadbent.  He is a great teacher and has done some wonderful research.  They have served a mission in the Church Archives and so they knew how to get the details and stories.  We invited Elder and Sister Johnson, our next-door neighbors, to ride with us.  That was kind of nice to be with someone.  Craig and I are not very good at stepping out of our comfort zone when it comes to making friends.


In between our shift and FHE we went coffee table shopping.  We found one at Salvation Army for $9.99 so we bought it.  I find it crazy that I enjoy a table so much.  Craig hopes to use it as a weight bench and we can also eat on it.  I know this may be strange but we missed having one.

No comments:

Post a Comment