Monday, May 19, 2014

Long but wonderful Sunday

May 19, 2014, Monday

We had a wonderful weekend.  Craig and I spoke in the Norwich sacrament meeting on family history.  I enjoyed speaking but the preparation gets harder and harder for me.  There were only 22 at church but they have a very sweet spirit in their meetings.

Right after church we went with the missionaries to visit an inactive sister. Sister Pantohous is not active but has a daughter serving a mission in Portland Oregon and she also attended BYU-I.  She struggles with the determination and conviction to attend church on Sunday.  I got to share with her one of my favorite scriptures and then we visited about her daughter.  Sister McMann is serving in the Portland, Oregon mission.  I told her she was serving in the same mission where my sister and her husband are serving.  I told her I would call my sister and have her give Sis. McMann a hug and a hello.  She seemed pretty pleased that we had that connection.  She agreed to have us come back next Sunday.  Sis. McMann will return in January to BYU-I when she gets home from her mission.  I told Sis. Pantohous our mission is only six months and so we will be back in Rexburg when she comes and I will meet her then and have her to dinner.  When I got home I called Diane and asked her to get a message to Sis. McMann.  It is an amazing thing the way lives intertwine together.  It was a wonderful experience as we visited with the missionaries.  I felt the spirit as we visited and as each of us shared a scripture.  I know that proselyting is what Craig wants to do for a mission.  Yes it was a great experience but I don’t feel like I want to do that all the time.

Afterwards, we went to lunch at the Wright’s in Norwich.  We really had to hustle because we had to be at the nursing home for sacrament meeting at 2:00.  Although it was fast and furious, it was good and was greatly appreciated.  People in Norwich and around seem to live in very old homes.  Out west we like our new and modern and here they seem to like the old and fix up.  I am never sure what to do around older/senior people.  It is hard for me but I know I need to learn to serve better.  We didn’t get on the road till about 2:30.

Upon arrival home, we rested just a bit and prepared to go to the Brighton home for a fireside.  Bro. Neeley taught us about the history of the First Vision and the different recordings we have.  It was a very interesting fireside but by the time we got home it was about 8:30.  I was pretty tired and ready for bed.  We both read for awhile and then went to bed.  I slept really well but still am tired.

The changing of my thyroid medication seems to have really affected my energy level.  I guess I got use to the medication boosting my metabolism.  It has also taken us several tries in order to get it right.

Today was a regular day in the temple.  Craig and I were #1’s in the session.  I made several mistakes.  I don’t know why I seemed to get everything wrong.  Sister Cahoon came in to observe the veil.  We were told that she gave us an A+.  It’s a good thing she wasn’t in the session.  I know better on some things but just got it wrong.

We came home today and had a short nap.  We couldn’t go walk because we have FHE tonight.  These are pretty interesting, more interesting than I thought they were going to be.

This week is Jen’s birthday.  I wish I had the words to explain how much I appreciate her and how proud I am of her.  She is a very good example to me in so many ways.  Can’t wait to talk to her on Wednesday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment