Thursday, October 22, 2015

Journey Joys

District and zone meetings have taken on a new meaning for me.  I know Mindi and Brady use to talk about when they attended them as missionaries, but I don't think I fully understood them.  Now as I attend, I understand them better and ask many more questions.  I have realized what my children did on their missions and truly appreciate it.  I have been able to imagine what it might have been like to see them teach investigators or conduct a zone meeting.  My heart is full of gratitude as I have grown in my knowledge.  The other thing is that I'm grateful they had the opportunity to serve.  I now realize the growth that comes from serving a mission.  I loved seeing it in my children but I also realize that there was much more growth than I realized.  I have asked Brady questions about his service.  I'm sure he thinks I am crazy or weird but it has been an eye opener for me.

Last Sunday we saw Blue ordained an elder.  The sister missionaries and I left Relief Society early and went down to priesthood.  I was grateful and humbled to see the ordination.  Blue has come such a long way and I pray for his continued progress.  He is preparing and is anxious to go to the temple.  I hope we are able to go with him.  

We are preparing for our FHE for Military Families.  It will be next Monday.  We have met several times and planned the event.  We have 65 RSVP's and are hoping for even more.  Colonel Wonnacott is going to send out a reminder before the weekend.  I think back on our time in the military and I think I would have loved a FHE to see who the other military members were.  I'm not sure,however, that we didn't have that knowledge.  For the most part, I always felt connected to the ward through the military and to the military through the ward.  We have also realized how many accommodations are at our fingertips by being close to a military base.  It has especially been nice for Craig to follow up with his colon surgery.  

I love the pictures of our grandchildren that are posted on Instagram and Facebook.  Serving a senior mission is so much easier when I can see how they are changing. I'm now waiting to see Lennon walk.  (Can't believe I'm going to miss it.) While I was talking tonight with Brady he said, "we want to Skype with you this weekend."  What a joy to have them want to Skype and what a blessing to be able to.  Mindi posted new pictures of her family.  They are absolutely wonderful.  The coloring and lighting (sunshine) is beautiful.  It makes me wish that I could get something like it for a combined family picture.  I am so appreciative that my kids try to get together, we just haven't had good luck with a photographer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment