Sunday, October 25, 2015

Journey Joys on the Weekend

We visited with Nicholas Darragh (young airman) and took him to dinner.  We found out he is from Texas and his girlfriend is on a mission.  He goes to the singles ward when he can.  He is a young single guy and we hope to be able to stay in touch with him.  He was at church today and we were thrilled.  He says that he wants to receive the priesthood so we offered our assistance to the bishop, telling him that if there is anything we can do to help, we would be happy to do so. Our visit to the Rockville Singles Ward was interesting.  The ward has some really sharp kids and there are some who are not so sharp.  One of the Relief Society advisors told me that they are struggling in numbers to get the youth to attend Institute.  Some of these kids will never leave home and some have college degrees.  They are truly a high risk group.

After dinner we tried to find some more names on our list.  One of them, Bro. Sanderson, was not at home but his wife was.  He is the member, she is not.  She was very nice and we learned some things about Bro. Sanderson.  She told us that she has a step son who just got home from a mission in Brazil and is attending BYU.  Then there is his sister who attends BYUI.  With this wife, he now has a couple little kids running around.  When we mentioned them to Bsp. Lyons and to Sis. Thuesobn (R.S. president), they know nothing about them.  I have asked myself over and over,  if he has two kids at Church schools, there must have been something in his heart at some time.  It makes me want to go back over and over and help them come back to Church.

The Fairfield 2nd Ward had their Primary Program today.  It was a very sweet program and made me really miss my grandkids.  I know I would have been attending their programs.  There was a little blonde girl, about three years old, who was all over the place.  She was cute as could be but she reminded me of my grandkids and how they would have been leaning on everything and waving to mom and dad.  I'm grateful for the sweet memories I have to reflect on.

No comments:

Post a Comment